The third annual Chattanooga Motorcar Competition, sponsored by Millennium Financial institution, was a grand scenic metropolis celebration of Oktoberfest, a real “pageant” with dynamic and thrilling occasions for auto fanatics of all ages.
* In opposition to a backdrop of pumpkins and hay bales on the drive-up podium in entrance of the Westin Resort Chattanooga, a 1937 Twine 812 Phaeton owned by Travis Lavin gained better of present at Sunday’s Concours d’Magnificence. Roughly 125 choose and exhibition automobiles from 21 completely different courses have been on show within the West Village.
* Within the second annual Tempo Grand Prix at The Bend on Friday and Saturday, roughly 89 automobiles in seven teams of classic, historic and a few modern race automobiles compete on a purpose-built 2.75-mile race observe that stretches alongside the banks of the Tennessee River. Named after the pageant’s former COO Jim Tempo, who died in 2019, this yr’s Grand Prix options the debut of the Alley of the Greats, a loop by way of the skeleton of an outdated manufacturing constructing draped with banners commemorating racing legends.
* Different occasions throughout the three-day weekend included Village V8s, Gathering of the Greats-Ferrari Version, Mecum Auctions Chattanooga, RADwood, Concours d’Lemons, gentle exhibits, night avenue events, panel discussions, NASCAR’s winged automobiles, Additionally an array of racing and automobile collector celebrities who won’t ever be seen collectively in a single place once more.
* Automotive golf equipment have been closely represented, together with some with distinctive names akin to Choo Choo Bimmers, Choo Choo Corvairs, Cruisin’ to Finish Alzheimer’s, Drive Electrical Scenic Metropolis and the Soddy Daisy Mustang Membership.
* Acquainted names in auto racing and automobile amassing, akin to Donnie Ellison, Justin Bell, Wayne Carini, Corky Coker, Tom Cotter, Ray Evernham, Chip Foose, Ken Gross, Jeff Hammond, Tommy Kendall, Keith Martin, Brian Redman, Invoice Rothermail, Lynn St. James, Mike Tilson, and Linda Vaughan participated in panel discussions, interviews, and shows.
* Lynn St. James, the 1992 Indy 500 Rookie of the Yr Grand Marshal, racing champion Brian Redman was the Grand Ambassador and native hero Corky Coker was the Grand Marshal Emeritus.
* Former NASCAR crew chief Ray Evernham constructed a set of automobiles with NASCAR wings and hosted a panel dialogue with legendary NASCAR racer Donnie Allison and one other former crew chief and TV commentator, Jeff Hammond.
* NASCAR driver Joe Nemechek gained two function races in every of his teams on the Tempo Grand Prix of NASCAR 2006 Toyota Camry on Saturday.
* The Torque Present live-streamed greater than 30 hours of protection throughout the three-day weekend, together with Canosa Rally Chattanooga, racing motion from the Grand Prix, the Concours d’Magnificence awards presentation and the Torque Present. Justin Bell and Tommy Kendall.
* “Nicely, it is onerous to consider that is truly taking place — that it is already Sunday,” occasion founder Byron DeFoor mentioned on the morning of the occasion’s ultimate day. “Many individuals helped us make this occur. I suppose we have put 1000’s of hay bales on the observe right here, and [brought in] A tractor trailer is stuffed with pumpkins. Got here right here right now and it feels good to see all these individuals.
“Seven years in the past the West Village neighborhood was not a fairly place,” DeFoor continued. “This constructing behind us (the Westin) was deserted. So bringing Motorcar Competition Chattanooga to the world stage is unimaginable and touches my coronary heart. It is onerous to consider that this occurred in simply seven years. “
* Former NASCAR crew chief and TV commentator Jeff Hammond was spectacular in his feedback: “That is my first time [here]. I do know the historical past of Chattanooga, however I by no means knew the wonder right here. It is a huge metropolis, nevertheless it’s a small city—I like all of the individuals I’ve had the privilege of working into [and] I can not wait to return again.
“It isn’t a NASCAR race,” Hammond continued, “however on the identical time, they race for Satisfaction on the Tempo Grand Prix in Bend. And when individuals are racing for Satisfaction, you get a unique really feel and really feel. A mixture of completely different manufacturers and makes in every group. Nice. I am a individuals watcher, so I am watching what is going on on with the individuals within the village. They are saying, ‘Wow, take a look at that. Do you hear that sound?’ It is one thing I grew up with and it makes me smile, I be ok with the game and career I’ve chosen as a result of we’re nonetheless entertaining individuals and we’re bringing individuals collectively.”
* Click on the hyperlinks for Tempo GP race outcomes, Torque Present video protection and extra here.